.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Bhubaneswar, orissa, India

I am a cool guy. Instead a Dynamic Guy. Though not that handsome but can make Tom Cruise to run for his money

Monday, January 22, 2007

Namma (Ammchi) Bangalore---My Coke Story

The lesson that I have always learned is that one should not pay more than the MRP ( Maximum Retail Price ) scripted on the product that one buys. But here in Bangalore whenever I had had any Cold Drinks, the shopkeeper had charged me more than the MRP stated . Even once I tried to protest by bringing an argument on this but to no avail. I was bound to pay . They contested on the point that they were serving the Cold Drink chilled but the fact is Cold Drink is always served chilled. No one would like to get the cold drink served hot. It won't be worth to its name. I even thought to lodge a complaint in a Police Station but feared the harassment that would follow after my imbecility. Even I dont think any Policeman would ever take my cause for the matter of a ruppee or two. And for this kind of case Consumer Court may come to my aid but again it would be silly thing to file a case for a ruppee or two.

Lastly, I myself don't want to get bothered by this but every time I see an ad from Consumer Welfare Department that one can even bargain on MRP, I am forced to re-think on the lessons that I had learned.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ammchi Bangalore ???? You are wrong ! It should be Namma Bangalore... thatz how we call it :-)

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 at 9:58:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you should have asked the shopkeeper for a receipt and refused to pay the extra rupee. Just walk away with the Coke man!

Friday, February 2, 2007 at 9:04:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dat anonymous is me...

Friday, February 2, 2007 at 9:06:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger untouchable said...

Thanx Amrit for ur comments. These shopkeepers dont give receipt in the first case. And I dont have the guts in my ass to walk away with the coke without giving the bucks.

Anyway Byeeeeeeeee

Monday, February 5, 2007 at 8:41:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've experienced the same here in Bangalore (Aamchi or Namma whatever doesn't matter. Ugly city!!!). The shopkeepers here dont give a damn. Cuz they get customers anyway. Its all abt demand and supply law...

Tuesday, February 6, 2007 at 11:20:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Aniket said...

Hey, I've faced a similiar problem today in Pune. The shopkeeper got into an argument with me and actually drove me out saying that if i dont want to pay the extra "chilling charges" I should just leave!

And he just took the pet bottle back!

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 at 12:07:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@vegdevil: It's because people like you are in bangalore that it has become the ugly, crowded and corrupt city that it is.. Just 5-10 years ago it was paradise. So please get out of there as soon as you can.

Saturday, April 26, 2008 at 2:39:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home